Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beware of the letter "C"...

When you learn your ABC's, you don't think twice about being stuck in letter "C..." This month, this is how I feel, stuck in "C." First my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, a little more aggressive than what we thought. Not even having time to digest the news, last Monday, we were informed of another dreaded "C" word: "CHANGE." Apparently, our division is dissappearing. Of course, that always happens when you're "COMFORTABLE." And not only when you thought you reach some level of "COMFORT. Every moment of your life that you start feeling "COMFORTABLE" beware, it means that "CHANGE" is "COMING" soon. In my humble opinion, "CHANGE" can be looked at in different perspective, it can be great, or it can be terrifying. In my specific case, at this period of my life, it is simply terrifying. I don't recall in what exact moment of my life I became a "CONTROL" freak. I just know that along the way, that was how I was trained to function and measure success in life. Now, in order to be able to stay "CALM" I need to let go of "CONTROL," thing that I don't know how to do. I was under the impression that I could "CONTROL" everything in my world. Hey, that's what I get paid for, to forecast, implement and "CONTROL" results. The irony is that I thought I had some, but in reality, the same way it takes you by surprise when you're given a "CANCER" diagnosis, you realize you don't have "CRAP."

In order to "CREATE" my new reality, I just got to the conclusion, (what a discovery!) that I need to first go back to basics. Starting with my ABC's. I need to "ACCEPT" that "CHANGE" is unstoppable. "APPROACH" my new reality one day a time, not forgetting to "BREATH," and to "BELIEVE" in God's "BLESSINGS" at all times . He, who will guide me through the new "CIRCUMSTANCES" life throw my way. To"CONTINUE" living my life, one day at a time... and "DISCOVERING" what awaits before me is to "EVOLVE" as a new, improved and much stronger positive"FORCE." Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment